Project Management (PMP) / CAPM / Prince2 & MSP
About PMI®, PMP®, and PMstudy
Project Management Institute
Certifications offered by PMI®
Project Management Professional (PMP)®
Why Choose a PMI® Certification®
Benefits of being a PMP®
Given below are some benefits of PMP certification:
- Globally recognized and respected certification: The PMP certification is globally recognized and respected certification provided by PMI, the leading association of Project Management Professionals. With 12% increase in number of PMP®/CAPM® certification every year, they have been made the de-facto industry standard for Project Managers.
- The PMP certification recognizes your expertise in Project Management: The PMP certification tells your current and potential employers that you have a solid foundation of project management knowledge, which could be readily applied at the workplace.
- You will be a member of one of the most prestigious professional groups: By attaining the PMP certification, your name will be included in the largest and most prestigious group of certified Project Management Professionals.
- Better salary: It has been observed that Project Managers, who have the PMP certification, draw more salary than their counterparts, who do not have the aforementioned certification.
- Better job opportunities: With the requirements for qualified Project Managers expected to increase exponentially in the future, the job market for PMP Certified managers will get better.
- Globally recognized by leading companies: The PMP certification is endorsed by leading companies. In fact, they encourage their Project Managers to have the PMP certification.
For further information regarding the benefits of the PMP certification, we request you to visit the following link: www.pmi.org
Eligibility criteria for becoming a PMP
Please note that the PMP certification is not domain specific. It is a generic Project Management training certification.
Given below are the requirements for applying for the PMP Certification Exam:
- For a person having a baccalaureate or equivalent university degree,
- Minimum of 4500 hours of personal project management experience AND
- Minimum of 36 non-overlapping (unique) months of personal project management experience.
- For a person not having a baccalaureate or equivalent university degree, but who holds a high school diploma or equivalent secondary school credentials,
- Minimum of 7500 hours of personal project management experience AND
- Minimum of 60 non-overlapping (unique) months of personal project management experience.
Contact Hours of Project Management Instruction: Minimum of 35 hours of specific instruction that addresses learning objectives in project management.
Where are the PMP exams conducted?
All PMI computer-based exams are offered at all Prometric Testing Centers worldwide. You can check for locations on Prometric’s website, http://www.prometric.com/PMI/default.htm, but you will need to have submitted your credential fees and received your examination scheduling instructions in order to schedule an exam appointment.
PRINCE2® QUALIFICATION SCHEME
Benefits of PRINCE2:
PRINCE2 embodies established and proven best practice and governance for project management. It can be applied to any type of project – and can easily be implemented alongside specialist, industry-specific models (‘engineering models’ or ‘development life cycles’).
The method is widely recognized and understood, and therefore provides a common vocabulary for all project participants – promoting effective communication. The method also provides for the explicit recognition of project responsibilities – so that participants understand each other’s roles and needs. There is a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication.
Some observed benefits are:
- Promotes consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets; it also facilitates staff mobility and reduces the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Is an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Plans are carefully designed to meet the needs of the different levels in the management team, improving communication and control.
- Ensures that participants focus on the viability of the project in relation to its Business Case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in it.
- Defines a thorough but economic structure of reports.
- Ensures that stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
Why PRINCE2® ?
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide.
The continued international development of PRINCE2 examinations, training and course material is contributing significantly to the recognition of PRINCE2 as a truly international standard. More and more people are having the opportunity to benefit from the training courses and certifications that are available worldwide.
Benefits for Individuals
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
Benefits for Organizations
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the project management life cycle.
- Utilize an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.